Economic activity of Larraga
Grapes In Larraga, agriculture serves as a complement to industrial activities since most workers in industry combine their work with other activities. The types of crop that appear are:
- Dry Agriculture: Cereals: barley, wheat and oats. Vine. Olive. Asparagus. Nurseries. Industrial crops: sunflower and rapeseed. Fruit trees: almond tree.
- Irrigated agriculture: Cereals: maize, alfalfa and vetch. Vegetables: peppers, tomatoes, asparagus, … Fruit trees: peaches, apples, pears, cherries, … Legumes: beans, beans, chick peas, peas, … Potato. Industrial crops: sugar beet.
- Meadows and grasslands.
- Forest land.
- Other surfaces.
In terms of livestock, mainly sheep. There are also pig and bovine livestock. Within the bovine cattle industry we must talk about the bullfighting bulls of the herders of Ángel Macua and Ana Corera.
It constitutes the main economic base of the locality. Most of the industrial activities in Larraga are related to agri-food industries and construction companies. Finally, it should be noted that a large group of larragueses move to work in industries outside the locality.
It covers a wide range of activities, including the following:
- The trade: in addition to the numerous establishments that are fixed, every Tuesday of the year a weekly market is celebrated in the Plaza de los Fueros.
- Teaching: taught in two educational centers. In the center “Gatopato” the cycle of 0-3 years occurs and in the Public School “San Miguel” the studies of Infantile and Primary Education, the latter with dining service.
- Health: The Health Center in the town covers the needs of the basic area of Larraga, Berbinzana, Miranda de Arga and Artajona.
- Joint Services: Larraga is part of the Association of Water and Garbage Arga – Valdizarbe.
- Municipal Services.